Kicker is a kick and bassdrum synthesizer.
It works by starting with a triangle wave at a certain frequency and gradually changing it to another frequency.
- Start and End knobs control the start and end frequency of the sound. Note that the knob is not active if the LED is on.
- Start from note: When this LED is on, the start tone will be the note selected in the Piano Roll
- End to nore: When this LED is on, the end note will be the note selected in the Piano Roll
- Frequency slope: Change the steepness of the frequency envelope. Larger values let you slide more.
- Click adds a click/punch to the beginning of the kick sound
- Start and End Distortion: Simple distortion envelope
- Gain: Additional gain added to the output (makes it louder)
- Length: Length of the volume envelope
- Envelope Slope: Change the steepness of the volume envelope
- Noise: Replaces part or the whole signal with white noise
Kicker was originally meant for drum synthesis. It is best used in the Beat+Bassline-Editor.
To get sounds which sound like drums you should set "Start knob" to a low frequency and "End knob" even lower. "Length" should also be quite low.