Comment on page
6.7 Dynamics Processor
Dynamic Processor allows modification of signal dynamics, including compression, gating, expanding, or any other dynamics modifications. This plugin is very similar to Waveshaper.
- Curve: represents dynamic range in a linear scale of 0-1 amplitude.
- X axis: represents the peak level of input.
- Y axis: represents target level of output.
The Graph shows exact sample values rather than dbFS, making it appear non-linear. Also note that a line of
x=ywill not alter the signal.
Left Clickdraws lines following the cursor.
Shift + Left Clickdraws a straight line between the current and last point.
- +/- 1dB: shifts graph line along the Y axis.
- SMOOTH: smooths graph via cubic interpolation.
- RESET: nukes graph and reverts it to default
- INPUT: adjusts level of input gain.
- OUTPUT: adjusts level of output gain.
- ATTACK: adjusts how quickly the peak level rises.
- RELEASE: adjusts how quickly the peak level falls.
These controls are analogous to those of a compressor.
The level of the signal is measured in peak levels, there are three modes of peak detection:
- MAXIMUM: measures the maximum amplitude between the left and right channel.
- AVERAGE: measures the average amplitude between the left and right channels.
- UNLINKED: separately measures amplitude between the left and right channels. (The same dynamics curve and pre/post amplification is applied to both channels)